Rainbow Cous Cous/Quinoa
Serves: 3-4 children (age dependent)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup of dry quinoa or cous cous
Water (1.5 cups for quinoa, 3/4 cup for cous cous)
1 tsp vegetable stock
1/2 lemon (juice)
3 sprigs spring onion
1 bell pepper
1/2 can sweetcorn, drained
1/2 can of chickpeas, drained
Pepper and herbs of your choice
1. Rinse quinoa, then add to boiling and stock to a saucepan. Simmer and cover for about 20 minutes. (if using cous cous, cooking time will be about 10 minutes).
2. Chop up all the veg and add to a bowl.
3. Add in the drained chickpeas.
4. Season with pepper and herbs, parsley, basil and coriander would work well.
5. Add in the cous cous or quinoa and mix to combine.
6. Drizzle lemon juice over dish and mix to combine.
6. Serve with some quinoa or sourdough (optional).